This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Site and use our Software and Services and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, you can contact us.
- On the Site.
- In email and other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- Through mobile or desktop applications you download from the Site or from an application store.
- When you interact with our applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications include links to this policy.
Capitalized terms used in this Policy and not otherwise defined shall have the meanings provided for those terms in the Terms of Service.
Filerev offers a free plan and paid services. To make money, we encourage the users of our free plan to upgrade to one of our paid subscription services. We don’t help third parties to advertise their products to you. We also do not sell your information.
When you interact with our Site, Software, and/or Services, we collect Information that could be used to identify you, such as first and last name, email address, physical street address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Data”). Some of the information we collect is stored in a manner that cannot be linked back to you (“Non-Personal Data”). We collect this information (a) directly from you when you provide it to us; (b) automatically as you navigate through the Site; and (c) from third parties.
When you use our Site, Software, and/or Services, you voluntarily give us certain Personal Data, including:
- Information you provide in filling in forms or creating an account on the Site, including your username, email address, and contact and language preferences. If you log into Filerev with a social networking credential, such as with your Google account, we will ask permission to access basic information from that account, such as your name and email address. You can stop sharing that information with us at any time by removing Filerev’s access to that account.
- Access to your Google Drive account. This allows us to scan the files and folders in your Google Drive account and reach out to you via email when the scanning is complete.
- Records and copies of your correspondence, including email addresses, if you contact us.
- User Content. This consists of all text, documents, or other content or information you make available to the Site, Software or Services, such as information you upload, enter, make available for programmatic retrieval by the Software, or otherwise transmit in connection with your use of the Site, Services and/or Software.
Certain data about the devices you use to access Filerev and your use of the Site, Software, and/or Services are automatically logged in our systems, including:
- Location information. This is the geographic area where you use your computer and mobile devices (as indicated by an Internet Protocol (IP) address or similar identifier) when interacting with our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- Log data. As with most websites and technology services delivered over the internet, our servers automatically collect data when you access or use our Site, Software, and/or Services and record it in log files. This log data may include IP address, operating system, browser type and settings, date and time of use, information about browser configuration, language preferences, and cookie data.
- Usage information. This is information about the Filerev Site, Software, and/or Services you use and how you use them. We may also obtain data from our third-party partners and service providers to analyze how users use our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we will know how many users access a specific page on the Site and which links they clicked on. We use this aggregated information to better understand and optimize the Site.
- Device information. This is data from your computer or mobile device, such as the type of hardware and software you are using (for example, your operating system and browser type), as well as unique device identifiers for devices that are using Filerev Software.
We may use technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services. Our products currently do not respond to Do Not Track requests. The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. These technologies help us to improve our Site, Software and Services and to deliver a better and more personalized service
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our Site may contain small electronic files known as web beacons that permit Filerev, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related Site statistics.
We use, process, and store information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Data, based on the legal basis of your consent to provide you with the Site and Services, process any requests made by you, communicate with you, identify and fix problems with the Site and Services, and update you regarding changes to the Site, Software, and the Filerev and third-party services offered through the Site.
By using the Site and Services, you further authorize the following specific uses of your information as necessary to perform our contract with you and for our legitimate business interests, including:
- To help us provide and administer our Site, Software, and/or Services, authenticate users for security purposes, provide personalized user features and access, process transactions, conduct research, develop new features, and improve the features, algorithms, and usability of our Site, Software, and/or Services.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Site, Software, and/or Services, product announcements, and software updates.
- To provide you with notices about your account and/or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, as well as to respond to your requests for assistance, including providing account verification support if you’re having difficulty accessing your account.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to the Site or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To contact you about Filerev’s services that may be of interest to you, including sending you direct marketing emails and special offers about Filerev, from which you can unsubscribe at any time. For more information, please see the section titled, “Will Filerev send me emails?” We may also use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Though we do not disclose your Personal Data for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
- To display User Content associated with your account and make sure it is available to you when you use our Services.
- To calculate aggregate statistics on the number of unique devices using our Site, Software, and/or Services, and to detect and prevent fraud and misuse of those.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Filerev employees generally do not monitor or view your User Content stored in or transferred through our Site, Software, and/or Services, but it may be viewed if we believe the Terms of Service and License Agreement has been violated and confirmation is required, if we need to do so to respond to your requests for support, if we otherwise determine that we have an obligation to review it as described in the Terms of Service and License Agreement, or to improve our algorithms as described in the User Content section of our Terms of Service and License Agreement. Your Information may be viewed where necessary to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Filerev and its users, or to comply with our legal obligations, such as responding to warrants, court orders, or other legal processes.
We may disclose aggregated information about our users and Non-Personal Data without restriction. We only disclose Personal Data that we collect or you provide to third parties when…
- …we use service providers who assist us in meeting business operations needs, including hosting, delivering, and improving our Services. We also use service providers for specific services and functions, including email communication, customer support services, and analytics. These service providers may only access, process, or store Personal Data pursuant to our instructions and to perform their duties to us.
- …we have your explicit consent to share your Personal Data.
- …we believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the Terms of Service and License Agreement, to enforce or apply those Terms of Service and License Agreement, including for billing and collection purposes, or to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or potential threats against persons, property, or the systems on which we operate our Site, Software, and/or Services. For example, we may engage third parties to conduct risk control and fraud detection/prevention activities. As part of such engagements, if you initiate a transaction on the Site or through the Services, Filerev may give such third parties access to your pertinent credit card and other Personal Data. Such third parties may only use such Personal Data for the purposes of performing risk control and fraud detection/prevention activities for us. However, they may also convert such Personal Data into hashed or encoded representations of such information to be used for statistical and/or fraud prevention purposes.
- …we determine that the access, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Data is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Filerev, users of our Site, Software, and/or Services, or others.
- . . . we must comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory requests, including national security or law enforcement requests.
Filerev does not share your Personal Data with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
Filerev Shares Your Personal Data with the following Third-Parties:
Does Filerev sell or rent my Personal Data?
No, Filerev does not sell or rent your Personal Data.
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know that Filerev does not currently sell data triggering Nevada’s opt-out requirements.
Some third-party applications and services that work with us may ask for permission to access your Information. Those applications will provide you with notice and request your consent in order to obtain such access or information. Please consider your selection of such applications and services, and your permissions, carefully.
Some third parties’ embedded content or plugins on our Site and/or Software, such as Facebook “Like” buttons, may allow their operators to learn that you have visited the Site, and they may combine this knowledge with other data they have collected about your visits to other websites or online services that can identify you.
Data collected by third parties through these apps and plugins is subject to each parties’ own policies. We encourage you to read those policies and understand how other companies use your data.
From time to time, we may contact you with information about product announcements, software updates, and special offers. We may also contact you with information about products and services from our business partners. You may opt out of such communications at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link found within Filerev emails and changing your contact preferences. All Filerev account holders will continue to receive transactional messages related to our Services, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
No, we do not share Personal Data or User Content except in the limited circumstances described in the “Does Filerev share my Information?” section of the Policy.
Information submitted to Filerev will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States. When you use the Software on your computing device, User Content you save will be stored locally on that device and synced with our servers. If you post or transfer any Information to or through our Site, Software, and/or Services, you are agreeing to such information, including Personal Data and User Content, being hosted and accessed in the United States. Please note that the laws of the United States may be different from the privacy laws applicable to the place where you are resident.
Filerev is committed to protecting the security of your Information and takes reasonable precautions to protect it. However, internet data transmissions, whether wired or wireless, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and as a result, we cannot ensure the security of Information you transmit to us, including Personal Data and User Content; accordingly, you acknowledge that you do so at your own risk.
Once we receive your data, we protect it on our servers using a combination of technical, physical, and logical security safeguards. The security of the data stored locally in any of our Software installed on your computing device requires that you make use of the security features of your device. We recommend that you take the appropriate steps to secure all computing devices that you use in connection with our Site, Software, and Services.
If Filerev learns of a security system breach, we may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on the Site. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing, which Filerev will provide.
You can remove your User Content and Personal Data from Filerev at any time by contacting us and requesting that your data is removed. Please note that, for security reasons, subscribers of our paid services will first be instructed to cancel their subscriptions before they can delete their Filerev account.
In response to a request to delete your information, we will delete all information other than your email address and email preferences, IP address, last login date, and some high level information about your use of the Services (such as the total numbers of files scanned and deleted) (collectively, “Retained Information”).
You can remove your Personal Data from Filerev at any time by deleting your account as described above. However, in addition to the Retained Information, we may keep some of your Personal Data for as long as reasonably necessary for our legitimate business interests, including fraud detection and prevention and to comply with our legal obligations including tax, legal reporting, and auditing obligations.
If Filerev closes your account due to your violation of the Terms of Service and License Agreement, then you may contact Filerev to request deletion of your data. Filerev will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to our legal obligations.
As Filerev evolves, we may need to update this Policy to keep pace with changes in our Site, Software, and Services, our business, and laws applicable to us and you. We will, however, always maintain our commitment to respect your privacy.
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your hard drive by a web page server. Cookies contain information that can later be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. Some of the cookies will only be used if you use certain features or select certain preferences, and some cookies are essential to the Site, Software, and/or Services, and will always be used. Web beacons, tags, and scripts may be used in the Site or in emails to help us deliver cookies and count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness, and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by our service/analytics providers (for example, Google Analytics) on an individual and aggregated basis.
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Mozilla Firefox;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Google Chrome;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Microsoft Internet Explorer;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Safari;
- Click here to learn more about managing cookie settings in Microsoft Edge.
If you want to learn more about cookies or how to control, disable, or delete them, please visit allaboutcookies.org for detailed guidance. In addition, certain third-party advertising networks, including Google, permit users to opt out of or customize preferences associated with your Internet browsing. To learn more about this feature from Google, click here.
Many jurisdictions require or recommend that website operators inform users/visitors as to the nature of cookies they utilize and, in certain circumstances, obtain the consent of their users to the placement of certain cookies.
Each cookie used by Filerev falls within one of the following categories:
Essential cookies (First-Party Cookies) are sometimes called “strictly necessary,” as without them we cannot provide many services that you need. For example, essential cookies help remember your preferences as you use our Site, Software, and/or Services.
These cookies track information about your visits and usage of the Site, Software, and/or Services so that we can make improvements and report our performance — for example, to analyze visitor and user behavior so as to provide more relevant content or suggest certain activities. We might also use analytics cookies to test new ads, pages, or features to see how users react to them. Google Analytics is the main technology we currently use in this regard. To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy, visit the “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps” page at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. To opt out of being tracked by Google Analytics when using our website, visit https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
During your visit to the Site, or while you use our Software or Services, cookies are used to remember information you have entered or choices you make (such as your username, language, or your region). They also store your preferences when personalizing the Site, Software, and/or Services to optimize your use of Filerev (for example, your preferred language). These preferences are remembered through the use of persistent cookies, and the next time you visit the Site or use our Software and/or Services, you will not have to set them again.
These Third-Party Cookies are placed by third-party advertising platforms or networks in order to deliver ads for Filerev paid accounts and track the performance of those ads. These platforms may subsequently use information about your visit to filerev.com to target you with advertising for Filerev paid accounts on other websites. You can opt out of interest-based targeting provided by participating ad servers through the Digital Advertising Alliance (https://youradchoices.com/).
NO LIABILITY THIRD-PARTY SERVICES AND THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The third-party service providers affiliated with Filerev have their own independent privacy policies governing the use of your Personal Information pursuant to the GDPR and CCPA and we encourage you to read those privacy policies carefully. You understand that even if Filerev deletes your Personal Information that it may still be available in a third-party service provider’s database. Filerev has no responsibility or liability for the Personal Information collection, use, or storage activities of the third-party services providers used by Filerev to provide you with the services associated with the Website.
Filerev may include or offer third-party products or services on the Website and provide third-party links to the same. These third-party websites have separate and independent privacy policies. Filerev has no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such third parties or their websites. We encourage you to read carefully the privacy policies of all such third-party websites. We seek to protect the integrity of the Website and therefore welcome any feedback about any such third-party websites.
EU USERS’ RIGHTS UNDER THE GDPR
The GDPR provides Users located in the EU under its protection certain rights with respect to their Personal Data collected by us on the Services. Accordingly, Filerev recognizes and will comply with the GDPR and those rights, except as limited by applicable law. The rights under the GDPR include:
- Right of Access: This includes the right to obtain from us your Personal Data and whether it is being processed, along with the purposes of the processing; categories of Personal Data concerned; recipients to whom your Personal Data has been disclosed; the period for which your Personal Data is being stored; and the right to lodge a complaint.
- Right of Rectification: This includes the right to correct inaccurate Personal Data collected and/or stored by us.
- Right of Erasure (“Right to be Forgotten”): This includes the right to have your Personal Data deleted. However, if applicable law requires us to comply with your request to delete information, fulfillment of your request may prevent you from using our services and may result in closing your account.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: This includes the right to request restriction of how and why your Personal Data is used or processed by us.
- Right to Data Portability: This includes the right to receive your Personal Data in a structure, readable format and the right to have your Personal Data transferred.
- Right to Object: This includes the right to object to us processing your Personal Data for reasons such as direct marketing purposes and for scientific or historical research or statistical purposes.
- Right to not be Subject to Automated Decision-Making: This includes the right to not be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, that could have a legal, or similarly significant, effect on you from being made solely based on automated processes.
CALIFORNIA USERS’ RIGHTS.
Under the CCPA, California Users have the following rights:
- Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold: You have the right to request that Filerev disclose what Personal Information of yours it collects, uses, discloses, and sells over the past 12 months.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information: You have the right to request that Filerev delete any of your Personal Information that we collected from you.
- Right to Opt-Out of the Sale of Personal Information: Filerev does not sell Personal Information.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising CCPA Rights: Filerev shall not discriminate against California Users for exercising their rights under the CCPA.
To exercise your rights under the CCPA – or have an authorized agent exercise your rights under the CCPA on your behalf – please submit either a “Request to Know Personal Information” or a “Request to Delete Personal Information” to Filerev by contacting Filerev at firstname.lastname@example.org. Filerev will verify this request by ensuring such request is from an email address associated with a User.
Under California’s “Shine the Light Law,” California residents have the right to receive information that identifies any third-party companies or individuals that Filerev has shared your Personal Information with in the previous calendar year, as well as a description of the categories of Personal Information disclosed to that third party. You may obtain this information once a year and free of charge by contacting Filerev at the address below.
PURCHASE OR SALE OF THE SERVICES OR OTHER ASSETS
HOW TO STOP Filerev FROM COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
You can stop Filerev from collecting your Personal Information and/or have your Personal Information deleted by going to the following link: https://filerev.com/help/account/account-deletion/
You can stop Filerev from collecting your Personal Information and/or have your Personal Information deleted by going to the following link: You can stop Filerev from collecting your Personal Information and/or have your Personal Information deleted by following the steps at the following link: https://filerev.com/help/account/account-deletion/ or by contacting us. Additionally, you can adjust your web browser settings to limit or turn off Cookies or other tracking techniques, or you can cease use of the Services. You may contact Filerev with any requests regarding your Personal Information. Filerev currently does not honor Do Not Track requests and signals.
When using the Services, you are obligated to inform Filerev of any changes to your Personal Information.
For the purposes of this Policy, when we say “Filerev,” “we,” or “us,” we mean Filerev, Inc., 2632 Crossing Cir #1071, Traverse City, MI 49684.